KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index Forum Mainpage Gallery (Please login at forum first!) Virtual KTMB models for MS Train Simulator Rules for using the forum and gallery Email us!
FagSearchMemberlistUsergroupsProfile Register Log in



Welcome to KtmRailwayFan.com!
Welcome to the KtmRailwayFan.com Online Forum. Please login or register to view discussion topics and thousands of photos and videos in our gallery. Registration for forum membership is free and easy. Come Join us now!

Selamat Datang ke KtmRailwayFan.com!
Selamat Datang ke Forum Online KtmRailwayFan.com. Sila daftar atau log masuk (bagi ahli yang sudah mendaftar) untuk melihat topik-topik perbincangan dan juga gambar & video didalam galeri kami. Pendaftaran adalah mudah dan percuma. Marilah mendaftar sekarang !




Ban him!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index -> Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get too excited about it Jason what I'm trying to say. I did mention earlier, this is just my "Point of View"... don't worry, it's not yet a comment! Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
ejaz_nbmh
18 Class


Joined: 10 Jun 2005
Posts: 512
Location: Macpherson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Jason saved my day man..i didnt noe wat to say for samuel's question
_________________
BIGBrownBEAR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Admin


Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Posts: 5654
Location: 3 4'7.80"N 10140'41.39"E

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel wrote:
Don't get too excited about it Jason what I'm trying to say. I did mention earlier, this is just my "Point of View"... don't worry, it's not yet a comment! Laughing


Hehe, that was not excited. Just wanted to let everyone know the process before i delete an account. Usually those that i delete are bots because easy to identify. Spammers who sign up account themself, impossible to detect.
_________________
Add me on Google+!!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey hey... don't challenge me on reasoning Jason! I admit I'm not good at that. Just my POINT OF VIEW. I mean everyone has their own point of view right? Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not a very good example. But I hope you do get my point somehow somewhere. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jason
Admin


Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Posts: 5654
Location: 3 4'7.80"N 10140'41.39"E

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, everyone always think i am angry when i type something serious. That's why i prefer face to face communication. Laughing
_________________
Add me on Google+!!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about that. I don't think that way... well at least! hahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ejaz_nbmh wrote:
Mr Jason saved my day man..i didnt noe wat to say for samuel's question



you know there's a philosophy behind it. If you are stuck there, means you are guilty! MUHAHAHAHAHA Twisted Evil
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Benny
Gallery Admin


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 584
Location: Penang

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam, please elaborate further about your post.I need to know more from your point of view.From your post it sounded like we guys are trigger happy like the western cowboy and Jason just a puppet to agree to all of our request for ban.Please give example from this long list of banned member that you think are innocent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benny wrote:
Hi Sam, please elaborate further about your post.I need to know more from your point of view.From your post it sounded like we guys are trigger happy like the western cowboy and Jason just a puppet to agree to all of our request for ban.Please give example from this long list of banned member that you think are innocent.



I really apologise should you think that way. Perhaps my post might sound a little misleading. But I have to make it clear that I never meant that way. Anyway I say it from my own personal point of view. Let me explain further.

This person wrote:
I think there's another guy: sixkiller. I dunno but he sounds potentially dangerous to me.


This is one such post available here once in this topic, I think it's been deleted by the administration. So this clearly shows that he had made such comment based on his own judgement (whether he had at that time wanted this person to be ban or not). This must not be allow! That's why I mention: "...decided to ban whoever these people are just because we find their nick very threatening (or not to our liking)...". People have their own choice of nick they wanted, if the nick cannot be allow, he must be informed before any action should be impose on him.

Jason also wrote:
Before i delete anyone, i check a few things first. Like if they have activated their account. Second i check links to porn website and also email which have dirty words in it. For example, name@freegayboys.com. Isn't that more than enough proof to delete that person?.


Jason did follow his own procedure to handle spam or whatsoever. However simply having an inappropriate weblink is not serious enough to be ban. That person must be inform to change or delete the weblink. Only having warned, this person can be only ban if he did not comply. Of course I did not know whether Jason did warned that person. He never stated. I have to make it clear that by what this paragraph stated, I certainly didn't say Jason's method is wrong. Please do not get the wrong idea.

Of course I am not teaching anyone how to do thing, I just say it as what I think should be the way of doing it. I would not say "correct" because mine method could be wrong too! As in who is the innocent people, I cannot tell you because I have no idea who it could be. You too can't tell me right, can you? Let me ask you this, if one person should happen to have this nick called:

Pussycat

As some of you might notice that the word "Pussy" has another meaning. But the point is can you tell me if this person is a bad guy. He could have given such name merely because he love his cat? You cannot tell right? And this does not give you/whoever the Privileadge or whatsoever Rights to point out that this guy should be ban.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jason
Admin


Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Posts: 5654
Location: 3 4'7.80"N 10140'41.39"E

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username is never used to determine a bot or not. My policy is if there are porn links or to advertising websites. They are deleted immediately.
_________________
Add me on Google+!!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Username is never used to determine a bot or not. My policy is if there are porn links or to advertising websites. They are deleted immediately.


Right they should be deleted right away in this instant. But Perhaps you should have make this clear in the rules. Even if it's wrong to have inappropriate weblink, even if it's your policy, you certainly still do not have the right to delete, because the fact that you did not specify.

This is the forum rules:
http://www.ktmrailwayfan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=182


Once again, I have to state clearly that is not a personal attack on whoever. Because I was ask to state my stand, and I will have to make a statement, so as to explain and to defence myself from further misunderstanding. If people still misunderstood my statements, then I'm deeply regretted and do apologise.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jason
Admin


Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Posts: 5654
Location: 3 4'7.80"N 10140'41.39"E

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, ok la, your POV. In Malaysia, all porn related stuff are illegal. So automatically this law applies to this forum. Haha, nice excuse huh.
_________________
Add me on Google+!!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class


Joined: 05 Jun 2004
Posts: 261
Location: Teck Whye/Singapore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. We both are right. And I certainly didn't say anyone is wrong. Strictly my POV only. However, I still suggest that you do add in this rule. Fact that your website is not a (.com.my) and this site is viewed worldwide. People from other region surf this website. There are laws whereby Malaysia do not have. So it's better to state everything clearly, so that no one can find any excuse to argue with you. Like people always says "Rules are Rules". If you state, there will be. If you don't, there won't be!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Jason
Admin


Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Posts: 5654
Location: 3 4'7.80"N 10140'41.39"E

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, i think you're wrong from your first post because we are talking about bots here. I have my ways of detecting bots. A normal user does not have to know internal workings of how it's done. You are still talking as if they are humans. I dont have to write rules that those with porn links will be deleted. It's just common sense. This is not a country with 30 million population. Just an online forum with very little users. If i write every single rules, it will kill the fun.

Bots sign up like every 2-3 hours. Dont tell me i have to PM each of them and give them a duration. I have a life u know,hehe. Laughing Well, i wont be replying anymore because it seems like waste of time replying on an issue that's not an issue.
_________________
Add me on Google+!!


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index -> Website All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




  Powered by phpBB© | Jason Devadason - Bye-bye Singapore! You will be missed!!1Malaysia!