Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Location: 3° 4'7.80"N 101°40'41.39"E
|Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:35 pm Post subject: How to resize photos with Fastone Image Viewer?
|Please download Fastone Image Viewer. It's free software!
1. Open the image. Click on the pointed Icon to show the resize panel.
2. Change the width in Pixels to 1000x750. Minimum allowed is 800x600. 640x480 is NOT allowed anymore. If you crop your images, make sure the minimum width is 800. After choosing your resolution, click on "Ok".
3. Usually after resizing very large photos, it will automatically get blur. To sharpen the photo, anywhere on the photo, right click. The below options will appear. Go to Edit> Sharpen/Blue and click on it.
4. The sharpen window will appear in full screen. Use the slider to sharpen or click on the Up/Down arrow. Adjust accordingly to your taste. Click on Ok after you're done.
5. Once you're done, click on File > Save As. The Save As dialog box will appear. Click on Options on the bottom right in the same dialog box. File Format Options will appears. Drag the Quality slider to make sure you get the recommended file sizes:
640x480 = Not allowed!!
800x600 = Below 150KB
1024x768 = Below 200KB
1200x900 = Below 250KB
Add me on Google+!!