KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index Forum Mainpage Gallery (Please login at forum first!) Virtual KTMB models for MS Train Simulator Rules for using the forum and gallery Email us!
FagSearchMemberlistUsergroupsProfile Register Log in

Welcome to KtmRailwayFan.com!
Welcome to the KtmRailwayFan.com Online Forum. Please login or register to view discussion topics and thousands of photos and videos in our gallery. Registration for forum membership is free and easy. Come Join us now!

Selamat Datang ke KtmRailwayFan.com!
Selamat Datang ke Forum Online KtmRailwayFan.com. Sila daftar atau log masuk (bagi ahli yang sudah mendaftar) untuk melihat topik-topik perbincangan dan juga gambar & video didalam galeri kami. Pendaftaran adalah mudah dan percuma. Marilah mendaftar sekarang !

Misc Gallery needs validation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DAT
22 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben;

May I simplify my concern in the interest of improving the existing system.

"Some of the pic shouldn't even be uploaded in the first place, so how can it be rude if that pic is deleted without reason/explaination? Example? How about a recent pic of a fly humping another fly?"

I think this area would require discretionary measure(s) if otherwise proven. If its a typical pix as cited in your example, by all means. No reasoning required.

However if it is a one-off unique pix of a steam machinery with educational value behind its existence, then I reckon that such image should be an exception.

I think its common sense in judgement (practical) of what requires and what does not.

Jay,

Dont get me wong here la thei, Im after the system, not the person, simply because people react to the system. If a statement is broadcasted (thank you), please ensure that readers are fairly exposed to the "requirements" too ("duh") and not to solely focus on the intended consequences thereof.

Secondly, what I need to understand is, whose requirement are we talking about here.

The mere aim is to help us to help you live a better colourful life.

hehe

Peace

Naughty is Nice
Jason
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samuel wrote:
hey mind your words jason, i have my own patience too, what in the world makes you think i have blamed someone huh? i am merely asking a question. did that offence you? if you really feel irritated you can jolly well pm me. so what's next? do i have to make a public apology for not being able to attend meetings n gatherings huh?

I just merely used you as an example for the rest. If that offended you, i am sincerely sorry, that was not wat i meant. I might sound i am pissed off, but dont believe the texts.

Sentul, there are no restrictions to hotlink pics in the forum. Infact i do that myself. Just an advice, always keep a copy of the original photo. You will never know when this free image hosting sites disappear.

Dom, sorry but there are no more exceptions. Those pics should be under Singapore Others. As i said, it really hurts me when i delete pics but i do it for the discipline. If the webmaster close one eye, everyone will take advantage.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DAT
22 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Sam, this is why you should attend meetings and gatherings. Then blame that nobody informed you. As discussed in our last meeting/discussion in SG, questions directed to certain people must be done in proper channel. I thought Dom would have briefed you on this.

Wait a Minute here.... have we derailed or what?

Firstly,
Our last discussion (Sg) was never a Formal Meeting since there was nothing on the table for discussion.
It was mostly clarification and introduction. Besides member will/shall be briefed via minutes if its a meaningful meeting.

Secondly
Proper channel is accurate if otherwise mentioned.

Thirdly
Sam has the right to voice his concern here in relation to the subject as discussed. This discussion has evolved into a proper channel as I have voiced my concern and suggestion as provided earlier prior to your announcement.

Forth

Your assumption on Sam; "Then blame that nobody informed you" is not accurate to what Sam is asking. It is a clear intepretation from you based on assumptions (Fiction). hehe

Becareful with assumptions as it tends to bcome a RUMOR!! (is a piece of purportedly true information that circulates without substantiating evidence - Google)) LoL

Bottomline: The Question Here is;
How can we best help us to help you improve the system?

What Requirements are we supposed to imagine?

Naughty is Nice

Last edited by DAT on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:49 am; edited 2 times in total
DAT
22 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good appoach Jay.

Arrr.... Would a diagram/chart help re-directing members to the rite place then?

Naughty is Nice
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope i can close my discussion for today on this topic

AnakKTMSentul wrote wrote:
hot linking just for the forum, no for photo gallery..
read back my reply..I suggest Jason to create new topics/room...

aiseyman, read carefully laaa....

AnakKTMSentul definately makes a good example here for what i trying to stress earlier on putting rules on the upload page. in this instant, he is the person writing the comment, i misunderstood his post so there's no way i am correct. (BTW AnakKTMSentul really sorry for misunderstood yours.) So he can prove i'm wrong because he have the "proof"(his own post) and it's right above me. So it's the same logic...

When ppl do blame you not clearly state the rules, you can also strike back because the rules are in the same place, it's their mistake for not realising it. the rules can be everywhere in the forum but must be right on the correct spot. linking doesn't mean anything. the "element of presence" is there, that's where they upload and it must be there they see the rules. so now there's really no way for you to penalise them by just deleting away their picture without informing. You have the duty to make known/clear in details to everyone the rules followed on this forum/gallery. You may have warned them before but it doesn't mean they will be clear of the rules yet.

And you have definately not answer my question.
22 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam has a point there. hehe

My earlier concern is directed specifically to making effective communication via providing readers the necessary avenue to understand the "requirement" that was never mentioned. apa la... panjang cerita pulakz? LoL

I understand from previous posting by Ben and yourself that it is hard labour to PM the contributor respectively. However, alternatively (remedy), at least provide an explanation/justification upon request la....

Ok la. I shall not persue this further (time/effort wastage). I have other better issues to think about.

Thanks to all who have contributed with regards to the subject as discussed.

Peace.

Naughty is Nice
Jason
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam has a question directed at the president, perhaps he should contact the president personally or email the club, then will be directed to the president. Easier way is to contact you since you're the regional member representative.

AFAIK, the meeting in SG was suppose to be official. As quoted by you here:

Quote:
btw;
The Spokes/chairperson for the Event is our dearest Samuel for the Morning Meeting. Kindly gather topics for to formalize an agenda ; pre-circulated 1 week before the official event. That way, the mtg will be productive. The best route to start would be our previous/recent minutes.

but everyone kept looking at each others face, so i just assumed it's a discussion(as i said in my post). Wasn't the meeting suppose to be chaired by Sam but then replaced by Ramly?

Sam, as i said(i know i am using this too often, hehe), new members are informed and asked to read the rules if they make any mistakes. Senior members should have already done that. If you check other forums, they all provide links to their rules/disclaimer page too. Are our users mentally disabled to figure out that they must click on it to see the rules? Or they just choose to ignore it? And i know you're smart enough to know what happens when they ignore it. If you're asking if president passes the rules, well, the club gave me full power of the forum and gallery. As the webmaster i take care of every aspect of the website. If you have a complain about me, please do contact him.

Dom, what can you'll do to help me? This wan veli veli senang(easy). Follow the rules and regulation. Dont be offended when i do my job. Ideas are welcomed but not ridicilous ones.

Let's not get sensitive here, after all, we are just a club, not running a country.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jason
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAT wrote:
I understand from previous posting by Ben and yourself that it is hard labour to PM the contributor respectively. However, alternatively (remedy), at least provide an explanation/justification upon request la....

Ok la. I shall not persue this further (time/effort wastage). I have other better issues to think about.

Hahahaha, then you should have PM me, all this wouldn't have happened. If you ask in public, it will definitely lead to others. I guess you didn't use the proper channel.

Sam suggested rules should be on the page itself, i said not a good idea, yet he is stubborn about it. Baffles me.

It is definitely waste of time and effort. Yet, we still do it. I guess we all like a little drama huh.

DAT
22 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha

Im not emotionally Charged. Yet. hehe joking.

Anyways... initially the Sg meeting on Dec 9 was Supposed to be a official mtg until, Faizal and Siva couldnt make it.

In the absence of decision makers, it was therefore degraded to discussion. Simple kan?

Besides, if the past minutes were brought into discussion, it would be pointless because none at the table are authorized to make a stand.

The last I believed I did. But its okie. Will altrnatively share/circulate via email la. Less problem for you la. hehe

btw; you might wanna move this to the restricted arena.... thinking along

Naughty is Nice
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking you that question under the impression that you the webmaster and it's always you on that rules thing. You can redirect my question to mr president then. do you know now i am under the impression that you are starting to find faults in my comments. Why is my suggestion turns out to be a debate/arguement with you.

and why would i be stubbon on it? becuase you are commenting as if we are making your job hard by not following the rules. Some of us may not i know blme them if you want to, but have you make the rule clear enough "yet"?

all i started out is to give you my suggestionon that rules thingy, it's because i fell that my suggestions will help you, haven't you realise that i didn't ask you to do what i suggest from the beginning? if you really feels it's not to your convience to implement my suggestion, jus pretend to appreciate.

Jason wrote wrote:
Wasn't the meeting suppose to be chaired by Sam but then replaced by Ramly?

in that case didn't someone inform you i was away on an outing?

Last edited by Samuel on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
DAT
22 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason wrote:
Hahahaha, then you should have PM me, all this wouldn't have happened. I guess you didn't use the proper channel.

Sam suggested rules should be on the page itself, i said not a good idea, yet he is stubborn about it. Baffles me.

I guess we all like a little drama huh.

I think when someone suggested (Sam or myself), you should at least tell them that its worth considering apart from giving it a shot.... instead you shoot him down... surely la he'll react. LoL

Proper Channel? I was asking for the missing requirment. Apa da... tidur ka... or Sabuning? hehe

Yes! Drama Mama is sometimes good. The forum and Gallery is DEAD Quiet unlike before.... macam kubur la.

btw; Sam absence was clearly mentioned in the threads... apa la...buta ka? LoL

Naughty is Nice

Last edited by DAT on Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

React? you mean R21 or PG? hahahahaha
got to cool myself with this lame joke
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, strikes are there for that.

Dom, you didn't say that this will be unofficial meeting because of Faizal and Siva's absence. We all assumed it's official because nobody told us. Now i know why nobody took down the minutes and the meeting was so unorganised.

Sam, unfortunately, i dont like to pretend to appreciate. I types em as i thinks em. You suggested and i gave you my reasons why i cannot do it. It should have stopped there. If i can do it, i will definitely say i will consider.

I knew that you cant make it, i was stressing atleast Ramly should have prepared for the meeting when you cant make it.

I am not picking on anybody, just doing my job. <<-- I even said that in our discussion, you can ask those attended about it.

Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are those 'type it as you think' i understand, just that you have to spare a thought for the others, one word from you can hurt the other party do you know, that's how argurement started... but as a start off if you disagree of course all of us will get unhappy (we suggesting only mah), then the next thing you know everyone of us will be debating on our arguements rather than topic itself.
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, after two years and you still didn't know i am those type. I feel it's important to be honest. If i say i will consider and in the future i didn't implement it, it will reflect badly on me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: