KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index Forum Mainpage Gallery (Please login at forum first!) Virtual KTMB models for MS Train Simulator Rules for using the forum and gallery Email us!
FagSearchMemberlistUsergroupsProfile Register Log in

Welcome to KtmRailwayFan.com!
Welcome to the KtmRailwayFan.com Online Forum. Please login or register to view discussion topics and thousands of photos and videos in our gallery. Registration for forum membership is free and easy. Come Join us now!

Selamat Datang ke KtmRailwayFan.com!
Selamat Datang ke Forum Online KtmRailwayFan.com. Sila daftar atau log masuk (bagi ahli yang sudah mendaftar) untuk melihat topik-topik perbincangan dan juga gambar & video didalam galeri kami. Pendaftaran adalah mudah dan percuma. Marilah mendaftar sekarang !

Misc Gallery needs validation
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Misc Gallery needs validation Reply with quote

From now onwards pics uploaded to Misc gallery will be validated manually by me. If it does not meet the requirement, it will be deleted.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DAT
22 Class

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meet what requirement?

Please be more specific on this "requirement of yours" for all to understand well/clearly (essence of communication).

Your statement/announcement does not inject whatsoever substance underlining the said requirement herein (vague).

If otherwise declined and/or deleted, it is very RUDE not to explain/reason your actions thereof (lacking on professionalism).

Regardless whether it was declined base on your personalized preferences, an acknowledgement of appreciation should be issued to the person/victim for the belated-contribution from whosoever involved hereto neutralize/minimize whatsoever discomfort(s) howsoever caused thereof.

My contribution for the above mentioned subject as intended hereof.

Regards,

DAT

PS: At least state the "Requirement" for eazy referral if otherwise necessary!

Nothing Personal, Just Business Opps! I Mean Happy New Year

Naughty is Nice

Last edited by DAT on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound alright to me but maybe the board¹ should do it rather than you yourselve. Because from your point it sounds to me to be more like your own preferences rather by the 'requirements'. So, is there any way you can list out the so-called requirements so that all of us are more aware on the upload criteria. In addition, you have to at least explain why you want to implement this policy.

And one more thing, what is the action(s) you would do if pictures are not up to the requirements?

I strongly advise you to think of any possible actions follow by consequences, or any possible disagreements that may arise from this policy, that is before implementing it.

¹ For this I mean a team of people (2 at least) chosen for this validation task to be carried out. They must be of course chosen by majority votes rather than individual preference or by present in discussions/meetings.
20 Class

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that means u have to spent more time on the gallery validating the pix,jay? hmm.. to me if u deleted someone pix...its better to inform them in advance n the specific reason on why tat pix is deleted. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Benny
Gallery Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read properly that Jason is talking about Misc. folder where we tend to treat as garbage folder.Misc. folder should be the last place a related pic should be uploaded after it failed to be catogarised to the other folder.This usually happens right after a meeting, trip or function where we have more than a few camera, taking the same pic nearly at the same angles.Then in the eagerness to report the trip, we rush to upload them all, sometimes taking the easy way out by dumping them all to Misc. folder.

Some of the pic shouldn't even be uploaded in the first place, so how can it be rude if that pic is deleted without reason/explaination?Example?How about a recent pic of a fly humping another fly?
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benny has said what i wanted to say. I notice many of you'll take the easier way by uploading pics at Misc folder even though there are folders for it. I have a life too, i cant be sitting down here everyday editing, moving and deleting pics. You'll think i so free ka PM every single person to tell them they uploaded into wrong folder. Validating each pic is easier btw, Haziq. I just tick only and it is deleted or approved.

Sorry Dom, i am not professional, just a kid as u said last time, hehe.

If your pic has been deleted, think super carefully, which folder should it have been?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but at least think of a way to inform these ppl la jason... ppl also gets unhappy when their pictures got delete without reason. of cos for now this kind of problems persist, but if everything gets clear, next time you will have an easy life... you're the webmaster afterall...
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to inform this people, other than manually informing them. As you all know, manual labour is tough and tiring, hehe. If there is another way which can automatically inform users, i will definitely implement it.

New members i do inform them because it's not their fault how things work here, but those senior ones, sorry la. There is a limit to my patience.

EMU12
29 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popups! hehehehe Laughing
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

then i can't help you la just think of plan b or just accept the way it is, what else can u do since the rules only have one statement on consequence... but speaking back to the gallery rules... i think one of these days, you really have to spend sometime putting it on the upload page, try dun everything also link... some contents still needs to place individually.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe..sorry to menyampuk....

it is about discipline..it's something like put the right recycle rubbish into the right bins. plastic, paper, tins etc...

So if the pix is train related but no else to put, can put into the misc..but if the picture snap 2-3 times or more but with some differents elevation or positions, just put it 1 or 2 pic just to impressed. other than that, I would like to suggest Jason to create 1 room in the forum with title Gathering and Trip Photomania. All the pic linked from the photobucket or imageshacks. From there all members can upload the pics on whatever position, skills, or even the jokes photo the one with "no you see now you don't". From this topics, all the members can show how talent you are, panning, superimposed, crop or whatsoever tactics.

So do we need to put up to 3 photo of same subject or angle from different camera/members? Maybe we can allowed 3 or more photos of same subject but with different locations, scenery, day or night.

Picture snapped is something like evidence on where you spotting rather than " hey, I saw this with this and this got this".

Just my 2 dinars
Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is if he has the power to do away this statement:

4. Please no hot-linking from other websites. I will just delete hot-linked pictures.

by the way is all the rules n regulations in this forum all passed by the president?
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, this is why you should attend meetings and gatherings. Then blame that nobody informed you. As discussed in our last meeting/discussion in SG, questions directed to certain people must be done in proper channel. I thought Dom would have briefed you on this.

About no hot linking, i dont allow because some people upload in photobucket, when out of bandwidth, it will display an error GIF. What happens after that? I have to delete it which got alot of comments(it really hurts when i do that). Wealth of information just gone like that. Same with other image hosting providers, if too much bandwidth is being used from a single domain name, they will ban the domain name.

Samuel
15 Class

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey mind your words jason, i have my own patience too, what in the world makes you think i have blamed someone huh? i am merely asking a question. did that offence you? if you really feel irritated you can jolly well pm me. so what's next? do i have to make a public apology for not being able to attend meetings n gatherings huh?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hot linking just for the forum, no for photo gallery..
read back my reply..I suggest Jason to create new topics/room...

aiseyman, read carefully laaa....

Jason had make a sample hotlinking in his topic...

http://www.ktmrailwayfan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1872

so Jason, clean them up, create 1 out in the forum..titles

KTMRF Photomania...and guys, start snapping..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KTMRailwayFan.com Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: